Advanced Rider Overview
- Ages 10+ *
- Suitable for:
- Previous experience cable wakeboarding at an intermediate to advanced level (can ride switch/180, have used features previously).
- Previous experience boat wakeboarding at an Intermediate to Advanced level of riding (ability to ride switch/ 180, jump wake to wake etc.).
- Cable speed: 30km/h
- $45 per 90min session
- Hire Inclusions: Helmet, Lifevest, Kneeboards, Beginner Wakeboards
- Additional Extras: Advanced Wakeboards (required if wanting to use features)
- Bring along: Swimmers, Towel, Sunscreen, Wetsuit (if required)
All riders under the age of 10 years must first be assessed as competent in the Grom Squad Progression Plan by our staff prior to progressing to Easy Rider Sessions. Once they are confident in Easy Rider Sessions, they can then progress to Advanced Rider Sessions. See our FAQ for more info
Advanced Rider Sessions
These freeride style sessions are the go to for experienced riders requiring more speed for transferring on rails, boosting off kickers or stomping flatwater tricks.
What people are saying
Great activity for kids!
Fun for kids of any age. Great exercise when you want to get the kids out of the house. Can do in most kinds of weather (they're wet anyway!) and the cafe does the best hot chips!
We love Wakehouse Mackay
We love going to Wakehouse Mackay ! Always a great vibe, sitting back and watching the riders. Good food, good coffee, clean facilities.
Our daughter recently tried Grom Squad and the young guys teaching the kids were excellent. Spoke so well with the parents and the kids and were patient and encouraging to them.
One of our fave places in Mackay
One of our favorite places to go in Mackay - great atmosphere, amazing staff and HEAPs of fun! It's really worth scheduling a brunch or a few arvo drinks at the Wakehouse.