- Ages 10+ *
- Suitable for:
- Beginners who have some previous experience wakeboarding, skateboarding/surfing etc.
- Beginner to Intermediate level riders who are attempting their first feature hits (jumps and rails).
- Anybody who wants to cruise around at a slower cable speed (more forgiving on starts and corners).
- Cable speed: 27km/h
- $45 per 90min session
- Hire Inclusions: Helmet, Lifevest, Kneeboards, Beginner Wakeboards
- Additional Extras: Advanced Wakeboards (required if wanting to use features)
- Bring along: Swimmers, Towel, Sunscreen, Wetsuit (if required)
All riders under the age of 10 years must first be assessed as competent in the Grom Squad Progression Plan by our staff prior to progressing to Intermediate Sessions. See our FAQ for more info
Have some previous experience wakeboarding behind a boat or cableway?
Are you confident at surfing, skateboarding or another boardsport?
Perhaps you just want to cruise around and do some laps with smoother and more forgiving cornering? This is also the perfect session to attempt your first hits on the jumps or grind rails (Features).
The Easy Rider sessions are a freeride style session run at a slower cable speed. During these sessions you can master your cornering techniques, or even try your first 360 off a kicker.
Our staff on the dock are happy to give you tips and pointers to help you progress.
What people are saying
Great activity for kids!
Fun for kids of any age. Great exercise when you want to get the kids out of the house. Can do in most kinds of weather (they're wet anyway!) and the cafe does the best hot chips!
We love Wakehouse Mackay
We love going to Wakehouse Mackay ! Always a great vibe, sitting back and watching the riders. Good food, good coffee, clean facilities.
Our daughter recently tried Grom Squad and the young guys teaching the kids were excellent. Spoke so well with the parents and the kids and were patient and encouraging to them.
One of our fave places in Mackay
One of our favorite places to go in Mackay - great atmosphere, amazing staff and HEAPs of fun! It's really worth scheduling a brunch or a few arvo drinks at the Wakehouse.