Intro Class Overview
- Ages 12+
- Suitable for: Complete beginners to wakeboarding from age of 12+
- $49 per Session
- Maximum availability: 15
- Cable speed 24-26km/h
- Hire Inclusions: Helmet, Lifevest, Kneeboards, Beginner Wakeboards, Advanced Wakeboards
- Bring along: Swimmers, Towel, Sunscreen, Wetsuit (if required)
Intro Class Sessions
Never tried kneeboarding or wakeboarding? Our Introductory Sessions are the perfect place to start!
These sessions are run at a slower cable speed to assist with mastering your first corners on a kneeboard, as well as attempting your first starts and laps on a wakeboard. Our coaches are on hand to give you plenty of tips, tricks and pointers to get you started on your cable wakeboarding journey.
It is important to understand that cable kneeboarding and wakeboarding are sports, not amusement rides, and as such some people may pick up the required skill faster than others. Extra coaches are on hand during the Introductory Sessions to assist riders with anything from getting around the first corner on the kneeboard, all the way to attempting their first jump on a wakeboard. Please feel free to ask our friendly staff for assistance – they love seeing you progress too!
Intro Class Progression Plan
- Complete 3 x laps unassisted on the kneeboard
(Beginner wakeboards with sandles)
- Stand up for 25m
- Stand up til the first corner
- Make it around your first corners
- Complete your first lap
- Complete 3 x laps
- Practice S-carves
(Wakeboards with bindings)
- Complete 3 x laps
- Complete S-carves
- Surface 180
- Ride switch for 50m, then switch back
- Complete S-Carves switch
- Swimming clear of features promptly, and staying clear of blindspots (swim around up-ramp, not behind)
- Attempt hitting side of kicker
- Full kicker
- Ollie triangles
- Pipe rail or flat bar 50/50
- Pipe rail or flatbar boardslide
What people are saying
Great activity for kids!
Fun for kids of any age. Great exercise when you want to get the kids out of the house. Can do in most kinds of weather (they're wet anyway!) and the cafe does the best hot chips!
We love Wakehouse Mackay
We love going to Wakehouse Mackay ! Always a great vibe, sitting back and watching the riders. Good food, good coffee, clean facilities.
Our daughter recently tried Grom Squad and the young guys teaching the kids were excellent. Spoke so well with the parents and the kids and were patient and encouraging to them.
One of our fave places in Mackay
One of our favorite places to go in Mackay - great atmosphere, amazing staff and HEAPs of fun! It's really worth scheduling a brunch or a few arvo drinks at the Wakehouse.